09 January 2006

Macworld 2006 - I'm here!


After a week's break, I thought it would be nice to continue blogging...

Anyway, I've just checked into my hotel in San Francisco, USA. This is my 2nd time attending an Macworld Expo, so it's nice to be back here.

The journey here was pretty uneventful - except for the fact that we travelled on business class... :)

Didn't take any pictures coz I didn't want to appear like a frog emerging from under a coconut shell. In any case, all I can say is that Cathay Pacific's Business Class is in an entirely different world from their economy class. Lot's of legroom, nice fully-reclining seats and an in-flight on-demand entertainment system that crashed a lot (the headphones weren't working anyway).

So no, it wasn't perfect, but it was damn nice anyhow.

Plus, there was also a gentleman on my left who chewed with his mouth open and slurped on his tea as if it was running away from him. Strangely enough, he had a Singaporean passport but dressed as if he just stepped out from a farm in China and spoke fluent Cantonese.

Look's like he's shattered my miserable illusions about Singaporeans.

And to cap it off, the driver who was supposed to pick me up from the airport drove off after collecting the two Singaporean journalists who are also attending Macworld.

I'm not sure what they were thinking, but the least they could've done was wait about 5 minutes for me (i was delayed at immigration).

Besides, why the hell would I decide to wander off and get to the hotel on my own if I knew I had transport? Perhaps they think Malaysians are stupid or something. Or maybe they just had to reach the hotel before me... (kiasu)

I'm saying all this in jest, of course. I like Singapore. And Singaporeans too, of course.

Anyway, I'll probably meet them 2moro. And I'll be good-mannered, of course.

Oh, and there are some strong rumours of a new home-entertainment Mac mini, Intel-powered iBooks and something about hell freezing over.

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did u manage to get to your hotel? Did they finally turn around for you or did you have to fork out an exorbitant amount of $$$ to cover your taxi fare?

Chris Chong said...

Well, after figuring out how the hotel shuttle service works around here (didn't want to get ripped off), i paid USD$15 and ended up here... at the hotel.

Hmm... that's almost 60 Ringgit for a cab ride - maybe I was ripped off!