09 April 2007

I fire some guns...!

The guys at the office were invited to Hari Tentera Darat Ke-74 (That's the 74th Army day to you non Malays speaking people), where members of the media were invited to shoot some guns and to basically muck around with their gear.

Wah... so long!


The thing is, I was expecting to be blown away by firing guns (figuratively, not literally). However, it didn't feel any more menacing than firing a paint-ball gun. I like firing paintball guns, btw - but I was expecting it to be more shiok. Never meet your childhood heroes, I guess....


There was a competition among members of the media - where each team of five faces off with another team to hit down 10 metal plates per team. The first team to finish goes to the next round. Of course, this was very cool :)

Edwin, Ron, Kelly, Ravind and me - preparing for our exit from the shooting competition.



We were beaten by some extreme posers from Berita Harian or something - damn annoying, the bastards wore bandanas, did stretch exercises and had battle cries and shit. All for a simple session in a shooting range. What's even more pathetic was that we lost to them by less than a second. The bastards...

Yes, this post is a little overdue. But rather than write more about it, I've posted it up on YouTube as a video... Enjoy :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really cool. Especially getting up close and personal with the big guns (literally). I remember attending one of these events, back when I was about 10 I think, and it is obvious from your account that they've come a long way now in terms of weaponry and gear (or maybe 10-year olds just weren't allowed to fire guns then!).

Jox said...

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE!

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!

Eh check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kinabalu

Read the "Tales" part where they have the stories of how Kinabalu got its name. Woo woo so romantic!

Anonymous said...

waaa.. SAVE the CAT !! Save the CAt nooooooooooooo..........