08 September 2005

Surfing 40,000 feet in the air (part 2)

Ah, I'm now that I'm in my hotel room, I can whip out my CF card reader and transfer images to my laptop.

Lufthansa has this in-flight broadband service called FlyNet and it's actually pretty good. Basically all you need is a WiFi-capable (802.11b/g) laptop or PDA and about US$29.95 (for the duration of the flight).

Alternatively, you can pay US$9.95 for 30 minutes, and 25 cents for each additional minute.

The connection is surprisingly good, although it is dependent on weather conditions (Clear skies = good). Speeds are around 120 to 160kbbps, which is good enough to chat via webcam or Skype (didn't try the latter, though).

Anyway, here are some pics:

That's me... in BUSINESS CLASS!!! Yes, it's my first time in business class and - quite frankly - the experience was underwhelming. The problem is that some airlines (such as MAS and SIA) provide really good service and food in economy class anyway. I got to play with the cool electronic seats, though... they even have built in massagers, just like an OSIM chair!


Chatting with Mel on MSN. I forgot to pack my webcam, unfortunately...




There's just something really cool about updating your blog on an airplane...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris Chong! No need to blog. Send in your story now and shit.

Steven's fan said...

yeah, man! Get back to work. Slacker!

Anonymous said...

Show off. :-p

Asohan said...

You know, you look kinda familiar, like this kid I used to work with ....

Chris Chong said...

T_T

Sharen said...

...and now you? gosh what's up with these bloggers! sheesh! not enough work issit?

ShaolinTiger said...

Hahahah, you've joined our ranks too :)

Excellent comment you made btw!